The latest and fastest growing trend in eyelash extensions, Russian lashes are known to be one of the beauty treatments which once you get done, you’ll never want to have them any other way. If you’ve been wondering about or considering getting Russian eyelashes, then here are your top questions answered.
· What are Russian lashes?
Russian eyelash extensions, Russian volume lashes, Russian volume lash extensions or even 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D and 6D lashes – this treatment goes by many names and makes the eyes really pop with a full, fluffy, dark and glamorous look.
This distinctive technique combines individual lashes into clusters of around 3-6 extensions applied in a fan shape to single natural lashes, creating fullness and volume on the lash line.
· Who are Russian lashes suitable for?
These types of lash extensions are suited to anyone who wants dramatic, longer lasting, thick lashes. Just like any type of eyelash extensions, they do add extra weight to the natural lashes so it’s important that they are strong and healthy as applying them to damaged lashes can cause them to weaken further and fall out.
· How long do Russian lashes last for?
Just like all extensions, Russian lashes will last as long as the natural eyelash strands, until the shedding cycle takes place. Because these types of lashes are denser, so they tend to be able to last around 4-6 weeks, which is longer than other extensions, but they do require recommended top ups or infills every 2-3 weeks.
In order to make your Russian lashes last as long as possible and stay looking great, it is recommended that you;
- Be very gentle with your lashes, do not pick or rub them
- Never wear mascara on your lashes
- Do not get them wet for 48 hours after application
- Clean eyelashes with foam cleanser every 3 days
- Gently brush through the lashes each morning
- Avoid using oil-based products around the eyes
· What does the application process entail?
The initial time it takes to apply Russian lashes will depend on a number of things such as – the skill and experience of the lash artist, the condition of the natural lashes and the desired results and thickness you are looking to achieve.
Typically, it will take anywhere from around 1.5 – 3 hours to apply a full set of Russian lashes and definitely on the longer end if you are looking for the maximum thickness with the most lashes per fan. Infills don’t take as long though, usually around an hour to ninety minutes.
· What are the benefits of Russian lashes?
Not only do they look fabulous but there are many benefits to choosing Russian lashes which make them so popular, such as;
- They last longer than other lash extensions
- Provide full, dramatic, glamorous results
- No need for mascara or eyeliner
- Fully customisable to the desired length and thickness
- Feathery, soft appearance
- They are lightweight which means they cause minimal damage to the natural lashes
- Can work out cost effective because of how long they last
- Require less frequent appointments